Sunday, November 28, 2010

Phew!

Pin It Now! What a crazy, long couple of weeks it has been!  I have missed doing personal posts but just have not been able to find the time with all the craziness.  It started when Avery got sick and it totally messed up her sleeping (which is when I do most of my blogging).  She started taking very short naps because she would wake herself up coughing and sneezing.  That lasted about a week and a half, a very long week and a half!  


Right after she got better, we were off to my sister and brother-in-laws for our first of 2 Thanksgivings.  We had a great time hanging out with my family and had an incredible meal.  Each Thanksgiving we have have the exact same meal because no one wants to mess up perfection.  : )  We have turkey, Grandma D's stuffing, Grandma P's Waldorf salad, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, and creamed corn.  This year for dessert my mom made an incredible chocolate bread pudding.  It was really easy and absolutely delicious!  


When we got back things didn't slow down a bit.  We had a couple playdates and my mom had to have oral surgery.  Since my dad had to work, she came over to our house each day so I could take care of her.  It was pretty rough at the beginning but she's doing much better now.  Eric also had to have some dental work done, he chipped a tooth and ended up having to have a crown put on.  Nothing to serious but still not fun.  


In more exciting news, Avery is now officially a walker!  Before this past Tuesday, she would take steps here and there but she would always fall down and then end up crawling the rest of the way.  Her most up until that point was about 10 steps or so.  However, Tuesday it just seemed to click and all of a sudden she walked from her bedroom, down the hall, through the living room, into the kitchen, and ended up in the dining room by the windows into the backyard, all without falling down.  Since that point she has been a walking machine!  She wants to walk everywhere!  It is so fun and exciting to watch but has definitely made life more interesting.  I am having to constantly chase her around the house, she doesn't want to sit still for long at all.  


Thursday we went to my in-laws and celebrated Thanksgiving with them.  It was a nice, relaxing time and I loved that I didn't have to do any of the cooking (except for the red velvet cake I made the day before for dessert, a special request from my sister-in-law for her birthday which was the 22nd).  Avery had a great time running all around Grammy and Grandpa's house!


Luckily things have started to settle down but I'm sure it won't be for long with Christmas right around the corner and barely any of my shopping done.  But I don't mind cause I love this time of year!  I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear Avery is feeling better and how exciting that she's walking around now! It will definitely make your life faster-paced! =) But it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going thru what you were, Mia is sick and can't sleep! That's so cute that Avery just took off walking down the hall! Mia is so close, she will only go about 6 steps. They sound so much alike. :) I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Nate has been walking for a few weeks now and he seemed to do the same thing...he went from not walking to waking everywhere. It's so much fun to watch them become more independent.

    Glad Avery is better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, also glad to hear Avery is feeling better. Its just so so busy this time of year. I would love one year to not have to be the hostess at Christmas and Thanksgiving every year...my MIL has a trailer and really can not fit 10 plus people in her home, so its always on us. IT was a great day though.

    Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy! Congrats to Avery. Isn't it fun to see them walk?! I'm glad she's feeling better and hope her nap schedule comes back.

    Happy belated Thanksgiving. (Chocolate bread pudding...that sounds yummy!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, life is definitely more interesting when your baby becomes a walker. Then climber. Oh, the stories!

    Following you back from http://oklahomahomemaker.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like things have been fun and busy for you. watch out you will soon have a runner on your hands. hope life gets back to normal before it gets crazy again with the holidays

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY AVERY! It's so fun to watch them stumble around like little drunkards, isn't it? Nate is into EVERYTHING, so I can't leave him unattended anywhere really. It's definitely exhausting. Oh my goodness, having a sick baby is so challenging. The few times Nate has been sick it's also lasted about a week and a half but feels like an eternity. I also blog during nap time, so I feel your pain! Hope things are getting back on track with the sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there,
    Thanks for the follow..I am your latest!

    Love hearing stories about the little ones-makes me miss those days!

    I look forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Avery! I think Niall is very close, but not quite there yet with the walking. Sounds like it was a yummy Thanksgiving- I agree about not changing up a good meal. I wouldn't want to change any of that menu!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, she can walk! I think that's so exciting, except that now she'll really keep you on your toes! It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I hope your mom is feeling better. I had oral surgery when I was 20 and the recovery was really hard (no solid food for 2 months!). My wonderful Gram took care of me. It makes all the difference to have someone good to look after you. I'm sure your mom is very thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear Avery is feeling better and yeah to walking! Watch out though you are going to be very busy now!! ;-) I miss your updates, but I sure understand being busy! Especially with the holidays quickly approaching! Hope you have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go Avery! So glad she is feeling better and walking about! This is a fun time for sure!

    Sounds like you have a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday! and a tasty one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dang girl! You have been a busy! Glad Miss Avery is feeling better and yay on the walking! Get ready for things to get fun. The walking stage is so much fun but they really keep you moving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My confidence comes from the daily grind – training my butt off day in and day out. Hope Solo

    ReplyDelete