Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

Pin It Now! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.  I loved it as a child and have found I love it as a mom, too!  We had a pretty busy Halloween weekend.  It started on Friday when some of my friends and I took our kids downtown for Halloweenie (Halloween for teenie weenies).  Most of the stores were open and handing out candy.  It was a mad house!  The sidewalks were packed and it was so tough getting in and out of the stores.  My friends all took strollers but I opted to carry Avery, that way we could practice our walking once we got into the store (I would hold her hand for support since she's not an independent walker yet).  She was so cute walking up with her trick or treat bag!


Saturday we carved our pumpkins.  Avery had so much fun helping me get all the gooey mess out of the pumpkins.  By the end of it she was covered, it's a good think we stripped her down to her diaper!



On Halloween evening (not really night since Avery starts bedtime routine at about 6:15 and is down at 7) we took our little bumble bee to both sets of grandparents houses and stopped by a couple neighbors.  We didn't want to do too much but knew we had couple places we had to go!


I love the shiny wings and stinger!  So cute!


One of Avery's favorite "toys" are those cards that play music.  She loves opening and closing them and dancing to the music.  So my mom got her a Scooby Doo Halloween card that she just loves.  It even has these little buttons that you can push and characters from the show will say something.  She had to best time playing with it!


Hope everyone had a great Halloween!

16 comments:

  1. looks like a fun Halloween for your bumble bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks for sharing the pictures! I especially love to see babies in Halloween costumes. It can be such a sweet holiday before they are into the blood and guts and scary parts of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how adorable is Avery? Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such adorable pics and cute blog! Great name! I am your newest follower from totally Tuesday! Hope you will follow us back to Just Married with Coupons

    Have a great night!
    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww. great pictures!

    i follow your blog & would love a follow back. thanks!
    http://mamacampbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well she is just the cutest little bumble bee ever! Love those pictures :) Nate has a very similar bedtime pattern. I'm worried about daylight savings coming up. Have to research that! :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! That is a good idea about the singing card- I may have to go buy one just to entertain Niall... He seems to like all those things that aren't really meant to be toys :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi there, i've got an award for you, please check out my page www.itsmenash.blogspot.com

    congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Great pictures.

    If you have a second please stop by the bucket project and let us know one thing you want to do before you kick the bucket. We'd greatly appreciate it!

    Jessi @ http://bucketproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that costume!! She looks so cute. Sounds like a fun night! I didn't let Mia get into a pumpkin and your pics make me regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love it when kids dress up. they look so cute~

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bumblebee outfit is adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So adorable! Baby costumes are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone! We had such a great time! @Amber, I'm worried about the whole daylight savings thing too. One more thing to figure out! @Kerry, Avery has a whole little collection of them. It's so funny! She'll go over and get them out, opening them one at a time, listening and dancing to the music. Cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is so adorable!!! My kids always liked those cards too. Have a wonderful day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh cute my baby was a bumble bee too:) following back:)

    ReplyDelete