Friday, November 5, 2010

Adjusting

Pin It Now! Avery and I are slowly adjusting to the new nap schedule but boy has it been a long week!  I have been one tired mama!  I used to get up right before Avery in the morning, about 7:15, and then take my shower and get ready for the day during her first nap.  However, now I have to get up before her, about 6:45, to get everything done since I don't have that first nap anymore.  It's amazing how much a difference 30 minutes of sleep can make!  I have also been trying to find things to do in the morning to keep her busy so that she doesn't get too fussy.  We have gone to the library's Rhythm and Rhymes class, took a class at Little Gym, went to Little Swimmers, and went on a walk with some friends from my mom group, plus all the other usual errands and things.  


It's also been tough to adjust to only having one "break" a day instead of two.  It makes the day extra long and I am so ready for Eric to get home at about 5:15 or so.  It's nice to have someone else there to take a little of the pressure off me and give me a second to breath.  


I know it's going to get easier with each passing day and I love that we can now participate in so many of the infant/toddler classes that we couldn't before.  I am also thankful that she still takes a nap at all, I know when she drops that one (hopefully not for a couple years) it will be even tougher to adjust!  I can't imagine not having a "break" all day long!

14 comments:

  1. Things will be getting better as and the baby get adjusted! Keep feeding the good thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do miss the days of two naps, it was always so much easier. You'll get used to it though and yes, it does open up quite a few more possibilities in the day!

    Thanks for joining us for Friendly Friday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to say that it does get easier as both you will adjust. My three year old still takes one nap a day. The hard part is getting both kids to nap at the same time. I am a new follower.

    http://mastersandamom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss naps now altogether! My 3 yr old only takes naps randomly now, and I REALLY miss those nap days!

    I when my children were babies I would bring the them in the bathroom while I showered like strapped into their infant seat. Then when they were old enough to sit up really well in the tub I just drew a tub of water put them in the back and I showered in the front. Not much of a break but I still got to shower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is she at least taking a longer afternoon nap for you now? I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! We've done the two-to-one nap adjustment too! The one plus is that now instead of two shorter naps, the Little Guy usually gives me a good 1.5 - 2.5 hour nap everyday, which is a pretty long break! He also seems to be a little more tired in the evening so sometimes he goes to bed about a half hour earlier.
    Good luck - sounds like you're doing great!
    (and kudos for getting up early to shower - I'm usually not that organized!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, it's so true what a difference 30 minutes makes. Niall used to let me "sleep in" til 6:30, but now it's 6am every morning! I'm trying to decide if I want to help him move along to the one nap-- or hold onto the 2 naps for dear life! I don't know if he's ready to change or if he's just an early riser. We'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there, Kiddo, a grandmother here so I can relate and also your newest follower. Admirable blog here and I am following you on Twitter and "liked" you on Facebook as well...whew! have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm dreading losing the 1st nap too although it is nice to have more freedom of schedule. Glad you guys are adjusting. I used to set Nate up with a tv show and a snack and take a quick shower in the morning when I lost that nap time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visited here! I am your new follower. Could you follow back? http://junnethllesis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait til Little Bro goes from 3 naps to 2, it's killing me--cause sometimes he only naps for 15 to 30 min! Hopefully she'll stay on 1 nap for a good, loooong time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear you on this one. My little boy switched to only one nap pretty early on, and sometimes he's been known to not want to take any! The day can feel terribly long without any breaks. Keep remembering that you're doing a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wyatt has dropped one of his naps too, and how I miss it!!!

    Especially since I usually would use his short nap as a chance to catch up on sleep too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the support! It has gotten a lot better. She is consistently napping 2 to 2 and a half hours a day, which is great! I can't ask for much more than that!

    ReplyDelete